Friday, August 28, 2009

Bleepity-do-dah




I just finished watching What the Bleep Do We Know?

It's been over three years since I've last seen it, and my opinions have really changed.

It was also strange how I began noticing things in the film that I had never noticed before, things that now correspond to what I believe to be "true".

At some points during the film, I feel as though the science was being stretched a bit, but I do believe the overall message they were trying to present is ultimately true.

The universe is teeming with infinite possibilities, and it is up to us to choose and "collapse reality" on to one event.

For example, I have grown as a person over the past few years. I know more, my way of thinking has changed; ultimately, my own paradigm or the way I view the world has shifted. Because of this shift in state of mind, I "see what I want to see." My reality has collapsed in such a way that what I want most in my life is able to manifest itself.

Sounds a lot like The Secret mumbo-jumbo, right?

I don't necessarily believe we can manifest things like money, love, or our dream homes simply by thinking about them. It takes much more work than that.

As mentioned in What the Bleep, our body releases hormones. Our bodies naturally crave a state of homeostasis; it doesn't like to be in discomfort. As a result, our body releases peptides and chemicals that make us feel good. These peptides bind to receptors. In some cases, they bind to the same receptors that heroin binds to. So like a drug addict addicted to drugs, we too can become addicted to emotions, whether they be positive or negative emotions.

From experience, I've found that is important to catch ourselves when negative thoughts begin to arise. If we actively change the way we think, our brain will begin to literally rewire itself. Over time, we become accustomed to seeing the positive rather than always seeing the negative. We see things that were always right in front of us, but we were never able to notice them before because our way of thinking was limiting our vision.

Happiness is something that is cultivated from within, not something that inherently exists.

2 comments:

ladybugmagic said...

Thank you for the synopsis! I was just thinking of that movie. My bf has it on his shelf, and I have passed it by a few times at the library, always making note that I want to watch it.

Do you know if it is like the Esoteric Agenda?

And, thanks, by the way, for visiting my blog. I called Mcy-D's, and asked what they are doing to adopt a better controlled environment, with more humane methods, and I got the usual canned responses. :0(

Kelly said...

Hmm...I'm not sure ladybugmagic. I've never seen or heard of Esoteric Agenda. It sounds kinda interesting, though! I may have to look it up. lol