Sunday, September 13, 2009

Vodka

K...this post isn't really about vodka, but it is about alcohol...sort of.

Recently, I've been getting a lot of questions about my choice not to drink alcohol. I was never a heavy drinker or anything, but now people give me a funny look when I say, "I don't drink."

"Why?" is always the question that follows. It's simply a personal choice. I have nothing against people that drink; it's just something I choose not to do.

People are often confused or offended as though I'm doing this to "prove" that I'm above them or drinking. That couldn't be further from the truth.

Yogi Cameron and I share the same view that "Physically, mentally and spiritually there is no part of alcohol (fermented fruits and vegetables) that the body can use or wants."

If there is no benefit to drinking, then why drink? Some do it for the "buzz"--that temporary high or a relief from anxiety.

Personally, I would rather work through anxiety issues in a clear state of mind. Alcohol may be a temporary fix, but if you can work on yourself without relying on external substances, you free yourself from that reliance. You become stronger and are able to face difficult situations knowing that the ability to do so resides within your own being!

TRUST ME!!! No matter how much you drink, sorrows will never drown. It takes something much greater than alcohol to do that.

So, I think alcohol is fine, as long as we don't abuse it. I don't think you have to drink a lot in order to abuse alcohol; simply using it for the wrong reasons is bad enough, so pay attention to your motives. ;)

Mazel Tov

No comments: