Monday, December 14, 2009

The Gift of Release

Three days ago, I started a 21-Day Consciousness Cleanse. It's the first book by Debbie Ford that I've read, and I thoroughly enjoy her method of bringing light to one's inner light.

The 21-Day Consciousness Cleanse is, in my opinion, a revolutionary DIY manual to greater awareness. Covering the past, present, and future, Ford brings to light a new gift for each day of the week for three weeks. These gifts allow one to access the hidden obstacles of the psyche, "cleansing rituals" to overcome those barriers, and ultimately a better understanding of who we are.

Each day begins with a morning practice. The reader is required to describe the state of one's emotional, spiritual, or physical flame. The reader sets an intentions for the day, how they will achieve that intention, and create their own healing mantra that they must repeat throughout the day.

Following this morning practice is a "cleansing ritual," which is usually some form of a journal activity.

Today's (Day 3) ritual, for instance, was about the Gift of Release. I was required to acknowledge all of the toxic events of my past, how they made me feel, physically manifest them into a drawing, and ultimately destroy that physical manifestation by burning it and offering a prayer to God, letting go of those toxicities and using those past events as fuel for a greater future.

I find this entire process to be extremely helpful and quite fun! It's one thing to read a book, but to actively participate in the process through these simple exercises is enthralling and unique to this genre.

I still have 18 days to go, and I look forward to learning more about myself and sharing what I learn with you. ^_^

No comments: