Thursday, July 23, 2009

Eye Sea Ewe

How do you perceive the world? How do you perceive different situations?

I was with a friend recently who had had a pretty rough day at work. He went on and on about how his boss is always in a bad mood and cussing everyone out. The more he expressed every wrong doing of his boss, the more frustrated and angry he became.

I don't necessarily agree with the way the boss treats people, according to my friend, but I tried explaining to my friend that maybe there is an underlying reason for her attitude. Everyone has a history, and many times we don't give thought to the personal lives someone may experience outside our realm of interaction with them. Rather than focusing on these negative events, I thought it would be more beneficial to develop an understanding for his boss' actions.

My friend eventually came to find out that his boss was going through a pretty difficult time, and while she may be in a bad mood from time to time, my friend now has a better understanding and level of tolerance for his boss.

Rather than simply believing someone is a bad person, we should try to look deeper for the true reason a person acts the way that they do. It has always been my belief that there are no bad people on this planet; there are only bad actions that may be committed by a person.

This ability to look deeper into the true nature of things is not limited to people. Take time to find the true source of being in all things. You may be surprised to find that things are as different as they seem.

No comments: